Monday 27 March 2017

March Gifted Gorgeousness and Wipocalypse

Hello Everyone,

The first day of Spring has come and gone here and it is starting to warm up a bit. Pretty grey out today but it is so much nicer than last week. Definitely spring is in the air, I am excited for when the trees start budding and turning green.

I am going to do a combined post for both GG and Wipocalypse because I am so late (looks like you aren't the last one checked-in Alicia). Check out Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching for everyone else's gifted projects. All my updates this month are gifts to family and the Coastal View is both a gift from Lulu and will be a gift to my sister.

As I mentioned in my last post, work has been keeping me away from stitching. Once the semester ends half way through April I should be able to get on a more consistent stitching schedule (and posting schedule)

I did have a new start and finish on a smaller design however and this will be a gift to my partner. This was my own design that I had originally started in cross stitch (twice) and then I decided to use a variety of specialty stitches. I am really happy with how it came out and will definitely be making a set of these. Below is two pictures of the started cross stitch version and the final version.

Stopped in December 2015
14 count Aida
DMC theads
Original design

Stopped in April 2016
32 count white linen
DMC threads
Original design

Started: March 2017
Finished: March 2017
Grey cotton
DMC threads
Original design


I also worked on the Kingfisher which will be a gift to my parents. I have finished most of the colours in the bird and am done about half of the background. I still need to do some of the backstitching in the bird and a bit more in the branches. I am still really enjoying this piece and am aiming to finish it up very soon. The white background is difficult to show well in the picture, I am hoping when the darker threads are added it will show up better.

Stitching Studio Design
32 count white linen
Started: July 7, 2016


I have also done some more on the Coastal View and this will continue to be my travel piece. I have gotten to the far bottom of the piece and am working towards the left corner.


The question for this month's Wipocalypse is "What stitchy blogs, groups, or flosstubes do you follow and why?"
So I follow many blogs (see the side bar) and some flosstube vlogs. I am not present on facebook so do not belong to any groups. I follow both the blogs and the flosstube videos to stay current with the stitching community and to support others who enjoy my hobby. 

Check out Measi's blog for everyone's update on their WIPs. 

Be back soon!

xxoo Bekah



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The snake-warrior is interesting, is he inspired by a book, a videogame or from your imagination? Love the variety of stitches and the way it creates texture in your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a dungeons and dragons monster called a Yuan-Ti. I think I will do a bunch of monsters for Dave.

      Delete
  2. Woo HOO I'm not last for once! LOL. It's all good Bekah you got it in and that's what counts. Congratulations on your unique finish, it looks fierce! I really like Coastal view too. I love how your backstitching just makes it pop!
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a race for last some months! Thanks Alicia!

      Delete