Thursday 19 October 2017

Oct Gifted Gorgeousness

Hello Everyone,

I am back with a quick update for GG. I missed the last few (2 I think) months but I am back to finish off the year strong. Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching each month and we are supposed to show our stitching that is related to someone else. So a gift to or from a person has to be part of the project in some shape or form. I use the Coastal View piece usually for this SAL as it was gifted to me by Lulu in one of her giveaways last year and will be a gift for my sister. I have also started an embroidery piece that I will be gifting to my brother and his partner as a "move-in" gift for Christmas, I think it will be done by then (omg fingers crossed!). 

Coastal View:
This is the same photo as last week since I haven't stitched on it since then. I wanted to include it though, as I did do a fair amount since the last time I checked in for GG. All the backstitching is done on this page except for a tiny bit in the road as it extends over to the next page.

Coastal View
Dimensions Gold Kit
18 count ivory aida

Energetic Tree:
This is a crewelwork piece that I picked up on my trip to BC in July. The colours are super vibrant and it stitches up fairly quickly. I am almost done the larger Jacobean flower and the stem.











 Vigaroso Albero (Energetic Tree)
Crazy for Crewel
32 Count White Lugana
DMC Cotton Threads

Life Update:
Asides from work and stitching the big focus I have had recently, especially on the weekends, is building a chicken coop. The coop will be at my parents and will house 15ish laying hens. I am opting for as many chickens as would be happy in the coop but we will see what my partner wants as well. The coop is built onto a plastic frame that used to be a greenhouse and is made of plywood and 2x4s. This weekend I am going to be painting to make sure the roof does not suffer water damage over the winter and will be finishing up some of the siding pieces. We also need to put sheets of plywood in the inside to make sure the chickens don't have access to the insulation (styrofoam) and put in nesting boxes and roosting dowels. I really want to have the chickens in about a month but we might go the chick route and order them for February-ish and raise them to hens. I am really looking forward to eating my own eggs and to having the hens. 

Hope everyone is well,
Bekah

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Enjoy your chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, nice to have you back! Coastal View is looking great but Energetic Tree wins the award for best design title ever!
    Hope you enjoy the fresh eggs from your chickens.

    ReplyDelete