Monday 28 March 2016

New Post

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long delay, my degree is reaching a close and has been sucking up a lot of my time. I am almost done though and have been putting in a really effort to stitch more. I find if I don't have time to even put in a few stitches every couple of days I start feeling a little crazy (crazier?). As the update I have just been working on a self-design project with very few colour changes. I also tried out gridding with 10 lb ice fishing line that is blue and it shows up really well against the white fabric and is thin enough to not upset the fabric.          
The light could be better and next time I will take a picture during the day. I have been reading and enjoying everyone's blogs and will try to get back onto the weekly schedule for posting.

See you next week,
Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering where you were! Hope your studies are going well. (BTW, what kind of engineering are you studying?) This looks like an interesting piece. Do you have a full mock up? I am imagining an Ali Baba type design... Hope you can find time to stitch, I know it keeps me sane as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking metallurgical engineering. And I will post a drawing with the next update. That is definitely the sword look I was going for but it is a snake type creature called a Yuan-ti. I am trying to put a few stitches a night right before bed and that has been working well.

      Delete